Custom Search

Translate

Thursday, April 27, 2023

New Babbage Commons Shortcut in Star Citizen

Here's how you can save yourself a lot of time when you go to New Babbage on microTech, especially during the XenoThread event the terminals are really slow to react and sometimes they don't work at all, or you don't get a place to land your ship, then you also have to deal with the elevators and the trains or shuttles and all these things you normally have to do add up to the time that you're wasting.

As long as you don't have to get fuel or in need of repairs you can land your ship right at the door at the Commons of New Babbage, there's also a few landing pads that I'm not sure of yet if you're able to refuel or do repairs when you land on a pad, what I do know for sure is that you don't need to ask for permission to land and even better is that you can land right at the doorstep of the Commons without permission which will save you a ton of time.

Now you don't have to mess with comms and getting permission to land in the first place or land in a designated hangar, you don't have to deal with the terminals, you don't have to go on the trains, none of that is necessary and I figured out if you're doing cargo that your ship can be loaded or unloaded when you land directly at the Commons, the answer is you can so by doing this you will save yourself a ton of time.

I figured out exactly where you have to land and I made screenshots to help showing where it is exactly, if you did it just once I'm sure you'll never forget this anymore and it's pretty easy to find once you know it.

I made the screenshots in reverse so I first landed at the Commons and after I took off I started making the screenshots so to you I'm showing these screenshots in the normal order as when you just arrived at New Babbage doing a quantum jump so you're looking from the top at the New Babbage city and to your left side there should be the port barely visible and straight forward you see the big white skyscraper.

What you need to do is getting orientated like I'm showing below, the port is out of sight and now on my right hand side and the train tracks coming from the port are barely visible here on the right and I'm looking right at the big white skyscraper as you see, on my left side there's also train tracks so I'm hovering about in the middle of those two tracks on the far left and far right, I hope this makes sense.


You have to look for 4 glass domes at the waters edge or ice in this case, if your orientated the same as I'm showing just put the nose down and you should see those glass domes, that's the Commons.


On the screenshot above you can see the 4 glass domes and the train track on the right coming from the port and you can see one of the landing pads right in the middle to the left of the top right dome, so no need for landing permission here just land, you'll be fine.


The screenshot above is showing the entrance to Commons smack in the middle, if you enlarge the image you can see more ships that landed there which is right at the door, you can also land your ship on the ice if it's just a small ship be careful with big ships though, better land that with ground beneath you instead.

There's also a video showing this exactly that I shared on Spectrum in the organisation which I found on YouTube and is made by Noobs Gaming and you should check out their channel if you play Star Citizen they share real knowledge that is actually helpful and can save you a ton of time.

I would appreciate if you leave me a comment and let me know if this is helpful 

No comments:

Post a Comment